12 Amazing Reasons to Learn the Spanish Language in India
Spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world, and it is also one of the most important languages which is in use in the business and commercial world. Spanish is used to make countless business agreements every day, as well as helping the smooth daily running of international companies and those that deal with clients in Spanish speaking areas of the world. In addition to this, many of the world’s greatest literary masterpieces are written in the language, including the first recognised novel which was ever published, so there is a lot to explore once you speak it.
Spanish is one of the most popular languages for people to try and learn, with somewhere in the region of 20 million students currently studying it in some capacity. The language sounds beautiful, is widely used and has a number of other benefits, which combine to make it one of the best options available.
However, for those who need a little more convincing, here are 12 reasons to start learning Spanish today.
- Easy to learn: Written Spanish is almost completely phonetic. While mastering the grammar of Spanish and listening, due to various accents and Spanish dialects, can be a challenge and might take a few years, basic grammar is straightforward enough that you can have meaningful communication after only a few weeks. Language learning takes time. Be patient.
- The Spanish language has a bright future: parish shows no signs of slowing down, with the total number of speakers increasing steadily over the past decade. A recent report published by the British Council ranked Spanish as the most important second language for British citizens to learn, placing it ahead of French, Arabic and Mandarin. Moreover, analysts are estimating that the Latino population of the United States will reach close to 130 million by the year 2060.
- Spanish sounds amazingly beautiful: It is an incredibly beautiful, mellifluous, sexiest, melodic, aesthetically pleasing, and one of the most exotic romantic languages. It is a very poetic and musical language and has some of the best literature in the world. It is not surprising that Spanish has a wide array of words for beautiful. Atractiva, bella, bonita, guapa, hermosa, linda, preciosa, just to name a few.
- For the love of Art and Literature: Proficiency in Spanish will prepare you to appreciate some notable Hispanic classic, contemporary, and modern cultural contributions. The same principle applies to other art forms too. The Spanish-speaking world has also produced some of the most fabulous literary arts, theater. and philosophical minds in human history. It has been the birthplace of numerous great and supremely talented writers for centuries.
- Your travel experiences will be enhanced: Travelling is one of the most enriching experiences you can have, yet the quality of that experience will be significantly enhanced by the ability to speak Spanish. The list of countries in which Spanish is the predominant language includes popular destinations like Spain, Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. In general, those without the ability to speak the language will need to stick to tourist areas, which often means missing out on entire aspects of a country’s culture.
- Understanding Your own Tongue: By studying a second language, you understand your native tongue better, but it also drastically increases the probability of learning new language skills. Learning a foreign language will give you a much better understanding of English or your native language. Your knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary, verbs, tenses, and sentence formation will improve when you tackle another language.
- Scope, Career, and Job Opportunities: Multiple career paths like tourism, foreign service, translation, interpretation, language teaching, journalism, international business for which proficiency in spoken and written Spanish can be a valuable asset. By learning to speak, read, and write the Spanish language, you can one day embark on a career as a Spanish language translator and interpreter, providing an invaluable service to global corporations.
- Enjoy Spanish Music and dance: Listening to music in Spanish will definitely enhance your language skills. Music improves your listening skills, pronunciation and increases your vocabulary. In addition, as per research singing can help when learning a new foreign language. Music stimulates your brain functions to improve your memory capacity, ability to focus and attention span. Listening to music is fun and increases your knowledge of popular Spanish culture, local dialects, and slang.
- You could work or study abroad: There are sure to be aspects of the country’s culture that cannot really be full appreciated during a short-term trip, but living in the country gives you more time to explore, speak to locals and discover the true nature of the place. Your time overseas will provide fond memories and can also boost your CV or resume as well.
- Most spoken languages of the world: According to most estimates, Spanish is the mother tongue of more than 400 million people around the globe, which equates to approximately six percent of the world’s population. As a result, it is officially recognized as the second most commonly spoken language, when measured by native speakers, ranking ahead of English.
- Good for the brain and experience several health benefits: A recent study at the University of Ghent in Belgium recently provided more evidence to the claim that people who are Bilingual may delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Learning Spanish improves your efficiency in prioritizing tasks, enhancing your concentration, resolving problems and excelling well in multitasking while creating in you the tendency to make more informed and rational decisions.
- Studying Spanish is fun: There are many possible reasons to learn a language. I, however, believe strongly when you are starting to learn a new language. you need a good reason. With no specific goal or reason, you may get quickly unmotivated though. Learning Spanish is a beautiful hobby and good for your career. Whatever your reasons may be, learning Spanish is something that will benefit you for the rest of your life!
Foreign languages like Spanish give people a competitive edge in a high and ever-increasing competitive world. Whether you are contemplating building a successful business career or just trying to add more firepower to your resume, a course in the Spanish language can do the magic. As a result of these job prospects, Spanish is regarded as a full-fledged career and not merely a sideline profession.