It doesn’t matter if you want to learn a language used across the globe or a language spoken in some areas of India. All it matters is learning – Learning something new, something that can help you with your career, job or maybe just as a hobby. In the present era, learning is not as difficult as it used to be. With the resources available freely online you can learn whatever you want and whenever you want. All you need is a:
- Good internet connection
If you have these two things you can learn anything you want from the internet.
You also need something as motivational as:
Let us first talk about the Tamil language.
- Tamil is a major language in the southern part of India.
- There are 60 million Tamil speakers in India.
- Tamil speakers are also there in small numbers in some parts of Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and East Africa.
Now let us have a look at the resources that can help you learn Tamil easily online.
What will help you learning Tamil
- Wikipedia Tamil: Wikipedia is the storehouse of information. You can get information about the Tamil language here. Right from the history to geographical distribution, to dialects and writing system everything is mentioned on this site. To learn Tamil it also has grammar and vocabulary.
- Tamil tutor
- Learn to read Tamil: this site provides step-wise lesson plans to learn to read Tamil. You can go on to the next lesson plan when you are done with the first one.
- Kids one: this is a very interesting site with beautiful picture representation in English with topics to learn in Tamil.
- Learn Tamil: this is a very great site. Everything on this site is arranged properly step-wise. The introduction, alphabets, numbers, and grammar. There are lots of grammar lessons chapter-wise.
- Tamil lessons: this site also covers everything very perfectly. It is so systematic and arranged order-wise. You can go one part at a time. Alphabets. Numbers, grammar- Articles, Prepositions, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, and Pronouns.
They also cover Reading, Translations, and a dictionary, Vocabulary, Keyboard, and Radio. Games are also included in their plan.
- English-Tamil: this Learning Tamil from English for sure will be exciting and also make use of its must-needed app. Every person who learns a new language needs to know the correct pronunciation of that language. It is possible only through audio lessons. On this site the entire lessons are audio-based. The sentence/phrases in Tamil with their pronunciation audio and their English translation.
- Multibhashi: Multibhashi is the one-stop solution to all your language problems. It is a very useful and convenient place to learn Tamil. You can check their website for details. Also, the Multibhashi app can be downloaded from the play store.
The best way for one to start is by learning something as basic as the Tamil numbers. Once you are acquainted with such basics, you can upgrade your learning process. The Multibhashi app lets you learn Tamil from English. So anyone who knows English can make use of the Multibhashi app to learn Tamil easily.