Is Chinese a useful language to learn outside of France?
Chinese is considered one of the toughest and hard to learn languages in the world. About 1.3 billion people (or approximately 16% of the world’s population) speak a variety of Chinese as their first language. Chinese is a group of language varieties that form the Sinitic branch of the Sino-Tibetan languages, spoken by the ethnic Han Chinese majority and many minority ethnic groups in Greater China. Standard Chinese is based on the Beijing dialect of Mandarin. Chinese is considered a difficult language to learn but is completely doable. Nowadays learning Chinese is increasing tremendously, thanks to its growing economy and healthy trade relationship with other countries.
As we all know, learning the Chinese language is very popular in French and has become one of the largest numbers of HSK- Chinese Proficiency test-takers in Europe.
Not only in France, chinese languages are in high demand in other countries too. So, let's check out some benefits of learning Chinese language-
- Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world. Anywhere you live or travel on earth, you’re bound to find a Chinese speaker around you. Learning Mandarin will instantly open up communication abilities to over 1.2B people and grow quickly. Not only the communication with its people you can work in the tourism industries as a tour and travel guide. It will be full of adventure and excitement for you.
- The ability to communicate with over one billion people has a major value in the job marketplace. This includes big companies in China as well as Mandarin-speaking countries other than mainland China. Companies all over the world are trying to tap into the Chinese marketplace, so speaking mandarin will immediately differentiate oneself from others. In order to shine out from all the competitors, you need to buckle up your seat belt and learn Chinese.
- Beyond just gaining a leg up in a career option, learning the language is just smart for business. If any individual is a business owner or trying hard to start a business, the future of business will be China. Whether one likes it or not, China is the first place any great business will look to if they want to go international. This is the opportunity to jump ahead of the curve. And the plus point of learning a language is that you have more benefit in conversing in their own language other than a foreign language.
- Planning to travel to Asia sometime shortly. Learning Chinese will surely help to get around easily. Even though you don’t plan to go to any official mandarin speaking country, people from China are migrating and visiting places. You will also see the signs of Chinese when travelling to Asia to accommodate Chinese travellers. So, it will surely be of great use if one understands the language.
- Education plays an important role in the workforce of the future and being bilingual can help in opening up new career options. There is a huge demand in the education sector for Chinese languages. Due to the fact that there are difficulties in learning, scholars that have enough knowledge in this particular language are very demanding with a great pay scale.
- Other than the education sector, many sectors such as healthcare, national security, translation, tourism, and international business that require or favour candidates who are bilingual, resulting in higher job opportunities for those who can speak a second language. Moreover, speaking a foreign language can make it easier to be eligible for jobs and work-study programs in other countries- especially those who have critical skills.
- Lastly, if you are planning to go for further studies in China, it will be good for you at least you are fluent in the basics and simple conversation.
So, this is the list of benefits of learning the Chinese language. But in order for you to learn the language, you need help from professionals that are aware of the techniques of how to learn effectively, as Chinese is one of the most difficult languages to learn. It is 100% guaranteed that you cannot learn Chinese by “DIY”, especially if you are a English speaker. For your learning endeavours, you can always rely on e-learning platforms, such as Multibhashi. They will help you in your learning process. You need to excel in this language in order to step up your game. All the required material after the learning and where to learn is already in front of you, what you need to do is give time and your hard work.