Learn Kannada: Online Language Lessons for All Levels
Kannada is the second oldest of the four major Dravidian languages with a literary tradition. The oldest Kannada inscription was discovered at the small community of Halmidi and dates to about 450 CE. The Kannada script evolved from southern varieties of the Ashokan Brahmi script. The Kannada script is closely related to the Telugu script; both emerged from an Old Kannarese (Karnataka) script.
Kannada is a highly inflected language with grammar that is similar to that of Tamil. Like other Dravidian languages, it is agglutinative, which means that suffixes are added to stems to derive new words and to express various grammatical relationships. This can result in very long words such as ShivaTattvaRatnakara, the name of the world’s first encyclopedia. Kannada uses postpositions that are added to the end of noun phrases, usually after a case marker, to indicate time, location, instrumentality, and so forth. Postpositions are similar in function and meaning to prepositions in other languages.
We’ve listed some of the best Online Kannada classes for you:
- Bhasha.io: They provide 1-on-1 personal coaching to the participants for the better learning experience. Bhasha.io offers its courses on the website as well as applications. You are given assignments and notes on a weekly basis and the classes are conducted during the weekdays too. Q/A sessions are held especially to clear any doubts that any participant might have.
- Kannada Gotilla: Kannada Gottilla group has been teaching conversational Kannada in an effective but easier way for the last 5 years. The classes are designed in such a way that you can access them at your convenience during the day and practice. Kannada Gottilla Academy teaches Kannada digitally using the innovative methodology. Take the classes at your convenience and time.
- Learn Kannada Fluency: Learning a new language is never easy. Some need more time to learn than others. With a more detailed approach. More vocabulary and sentences to learn and speak. Listen carefully, pronounce correctly and speak confidently. If you think you will need to learn Kannada as it is spoken, then this Program is for you. You can opt for either the Self Study E-Course or the Skype Coaching Program.
- Multibhashi: A language website that allows you to easily pick up the nuances of Indian languages essential for day-to-day communication in various facets of life. They employ innovative teaching concepts and effective program structures so that you can learn the language quickly and easily. Being well-acquainted with the local language not only builds credibility, respect and confidence but is also a new, fun adventure. It creates a sense of belonging to the place, thereby improving the quality of living.
- Native Monks: Speaking with a native could give you the much-needed boost to learn a language. Not only does it inspire you, but just 20 hours of practice with a native speaker could be equal to hundreds of hours of self-study. When you book any of their packages, you get 100% convenience. You can choose any slot from the chosen tutor’s diary and schedule the lesson. There are several options available to you if you want to learn a language. During a conventional language course, you may be put through a fixed number of lessons and hours in order to finish the course, but with us you get lessons and modules of your choice.
All the 5 websites offer Kannada classes in all the levels. You can easily pick the best for yourself and jump start your Kannada language skills!