Kannada is a language spoken by the people belonging to the state of Karnataka. Karnataka is situated in the southern part of the country. It is not very easy to learn Kannada by English speakers, as it is completely different. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It only means putting in an extra effort. But you can surely master words, and basic phrases to help you communicate in Kannada. You will have to familiar with the language.
Guide to learning Kannada
Now I will guide you to learn Kannada
ü Start by learning salutations, greetings, and expressions:
Namaskara – Hello
Hegiddeera – How are you?
Athavā kshemanā? – All is well?
nā calō adīni, nīvu hyāngadīr’ri? or nān cennagiddēne, nīvu hēg’iddīra? – I am fine. How are you?
Pleased to meet you – nimmannu bheti mādiddakke santosha
Learn to speak a few words that can be helpful for asking questions
Yaaru – who
Yaake – why
Yaavaga – when
Enu – what
Learn to use pronouns
Avanu – he
Avalu – she
Adu – it
Also try to first learn how to say colors, numbers, and gender.
Shubhodaya – Good morning
shubha madhyana – Good afternoon
shubha sāyankāla – Good evening
shubharātri – Good night
This is like the first step. Introducing the language to yourself. But there is a lot more than this. It is learning to actually speak a sentence.
There are many interactive websites and apps that make you’re learning a lot easier and fun.
There are a number of online platforms today that can exactly deliver to you what you are asking for. These platforms provide the training online which also saves you from the havoc of going physically to an expert tutor.
There are also a number of tips you can follow to further enhance your learning process.
- Watch Kannada movies: we all love to watch movies, right? Obviously, you wouldn’t understand what they are saying. So of course you can watch it with subtitles.
- Just speak it: even if you do not know how to frame full sentences, still speak it. You can later laugh at your own funny sentences. But you need to get your tongue used to speak Kannada.
- Make a group: you can either make a group of friends or people who share a similar interest. It will be really fun and engaging to help each other in this learning process. You all can discuss words and sentences in Kannada with each other, and correct others’ mistakes.
- Share videos and audios: this is such a wonderful idea. You can record your audio/ video and send it to your group. Let other people listen to your audios and give feedback and you can do the same. Imagine the people motivating each other and making learning Kannada so fruitful.
- Try keeping competitions among your little group: in this way you will get to prepare yourself. A little competition will still motivate you to learn better and perform better. Imagine the fun you all can have online learning Kannada.
I hope these tips help to make learning easy and fun. And yes do not forget to take expert help from Multibhashi- to avoid struggling with the language.