Portuguese is an ancient language with a wealthy history. Portuguese. It is a romantic language that developed in Portugal in the third century BCE, following the introduction of Latin by Roman settlers. Despite its origins in Portugal, only a small number of Portuguese speakers today live in the country where everything started. Brazil houses more Portuguese speakers than any other Portuguese speaking country. Portuguese, the world’s seventh most spoken language in the world it is also a language spoken exclusively by 3M speakers in Galician.
Let’s now see what are the 12 amazing reasons to learn Portuguese in India.
- For starters Portuguese is one of the most popular languages around the world. Although it originates from a pretty small country, it has taken over the world by storm and is spread across nine countries around four different continents.
- Did you know that the people who speak Portuguese as their mother tongue or much more than the people who speak German, Japanese, French, Persian, Italian as their mother language?
- Portuguese is a pretty underrated language. This means that this language is not considered to be the top three which are generally English, French and Spanish. This means that learning Portuguese is going to give you an edge in the competitive market as you would most definitely stand out.
- Countries like Portugal and Brazil rank as those countries where Portuguese is spoken the most or some of the most beautiful countries to travel to with by far the best food and fantastic weather.
- Learning Portuguese helps you learn many more languages than you would anticipate. Learning Portuguese will enable you to learn other Romance languages as itself is a Romance language. This means that you can learn other languages like French, Italian, Romanian and Spanish.
- Portugal is in itself one of the most beautiful languages around the globe and also is accompanied by one of the most beautiful cultures that you will ever come across. Did you know that Portugal boasts of the highest number of world heritage sites with a total of 21?
- Portugal is the official language of some of the most rapidly growing global economies. As stated before, Portugal is not people‘s first choice for a language. Most people tend to choose Spanish and French. But, this can also be utilised as an advantage as you can gain a clear competitive advantage over your competition due to your out-of-the-box thinking.
- Did you know that Brazil and India share a pretty close relationship in the bilateral as well as the international forums? We even shared close relationships in multilateral bodies like WTO, UNESCO, UN and others.
- Brazil boasts as India’s most vital trading partner in the Latin America and Caribbean region
- In recent years there has been a severe demand for Portuguese specialists, especially in India in a variety of industries like finance, education, tech support, IT, tourism and technology.
- Did you know that Portuguese is the fifth most utilized language around the global internet? There are a total of 84 million people who speak Portuguese that log on to the internet every single day.
- Portuguese is a pretty simple and fun language to master. It is not as complicated as Japanese or Chinese and as previously mentioned it is accompanied by one of the richest cultures around the globe. This makes this language not only easy but also extremely enjoyable to master.
It was not until 1290, however, that it was proclaimed as the official language by King Denis of Portugal. Prior to 2009, in Portuguese writing the letters k, y and w were not available. However, these three letters were added officially to the Portuguese alphabet in January 2009 because of the recent influx of English lending. Portuguese is not just spoken by Portugal and Brazil: 1,3 million people are also used natively in Mozambique and nearly four million in Angola (20% of the population). Portuguese are used in Brazil and Portugal.