What are the motivations to learn Chinese?
Chinese is spoken by over 1.2 billion people over the globe. This would constitute at least 20% of the entire population on planet earth. It is a group of languages from the Sinitic branch of the Sino-Tibetan languages, spoken by the ethnic Han Chinese majority and many minority ethnic groups in Greater China. Learning Mandarin Chinese is a long-term project. Chinese has a notorious reputation of being extremely difficult to learn. While that notion is up for debate, it is definitely proven that learning Chinese has a ton of business-related benefits. It is the world’s second-largest economy. China surpassed the U.S as the world’s largest trading nation in 2014. China is a very likely partner when it comes to manufacturing and assembling for any company. China has a population of over 1.3 billion people which are a lot of potential shoppers and clients. Forbes also reports that China represents roughly 35% of the world’s consumer spend on luxury goods Some of the most sought-after investors are based in China. It seems to be rising and gaining an immense amount of popularity due to its multiple benefits. It is a language specifically suggested to those in the business industry but it can prove to be very useful for anyone else as well as it would help open a new league of job opportunities for you.
Chinese is a language with a multitude of benefits accompanying it, which makes the rather tough process of mastering it, worth it in the end. These benefits are:
- As previously mentioned, Chinese is spoken by about 20% of the entire world’s population. Learning a language spoken by over 1.2 billion people is a benefit in itself.
- Numerous studies have shown, that learning another language helps improve their critical thing and acts as a catalyst in increased maturity.
- A lesser-known fact is that Mandarin can prove to be highly beneficial in the business sector but the ratio of the number of people who can actually speak the language in companies is always unfavourable. Therefore, there is always a demand for people who can speak Chinese.
- We’ve established that there’s an increasing demand for those who speak Chinese, hence it would make sense that learning would make you stand out in the eyes of those companies who are searching for Chinese speakers. But you will also stand out in the companies that aren’t searching for Chinese speakers due to your determination. Chinese is a rather difficult language to master and it takes a lot of patience and determination to do so.
- As previously mentioned, China surpassed the U.S as the world’s largest trading nation in 2014. Currently, the Chinese economy is the second-largest economy in the world and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
- The Chinese language is the official language in six countries and it’s one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Chinese takes intensive brainpower and according to studies it utilizes areas of the brain that other languages do not.
These are my top picks for the best motivators to learn Chinese. Chinese seems to intimidate many learners due to its tough nature. At the same time, the Chinese also acts as a gateway for a ton of career options. It helps you stand out of the crowd, helps your brain work more efficiently and has a political stand as well. Therefore, while learning this language can be rather difficult, it’s definitely worth it.
There’s an amazing new way to learn Chinese! Want to see what everyone’s talking about!