A verb is one of the Parts of Speech in English Grammar. Verbs are basically describing the action words like sleeping, eating, laughing, writing, etc.Whatever actions we do are stated as verbs. These actions can be expressed in three forms.
- Firstly, the actions we do physically like swimming, reading, walking, etc.
- Secondly, the actions we do mentally like to imagine, to think, etc.
- Thirdly, the actions related to the state of being like is, are ,was, were, etc.
- Om went to music class. Here the verb “went” is describing the action “go”.
- Meera guessed correctly.Here, the verb “guessed“ is describing the action “to guess”.
- He was too arrogant .Here, the verb “ was” is describing the state of being.