Russian is one of the most common native languages in the European continent. It is majorly spoken in the East European countries like Russia, Caucasus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Belarus. It has 258 million speakers in the world. The most important feature of the language is its distinction in the soft and hard sounds of the consonants. Each consonant has a soft and a hard sound. It also has a decreased use of unstressed vowels. Stress is usually not in the language, although in some cases significant changes in accent can be used to differentiate between words, hence changing the meaning of the words. As a learner of Russian, you might have taken notice how pronunciation in Russian is different from any other language. It is not similar to any of the European or any other Indian languages. It is an east slavic language belonging to the Indo- European language family.
Let’s see the 12 amazing reasons to learn Russian language in India
Before starting to learn a language or deciding on what language to learn, we often weigh the pros and cons of the language. It is highly important to know the benefits of learning a language before you start learning it unless you have a specific personal reason for learning the language. In case you have still not made up your mind about whether or not to learn the Russian tongue, then this blog is perfect for you. We will be looking at not one, not two but twelve amazing reasons why you should consider learning Russian in India.
- Very popular – if you do not know, Russian is one of the world’s most popular and widely spoken languages. It is the sixth most spoken tongue in the world. With the wide mass of land that is known as the Russian republic, it has 258 million speakers and if you decide to learn it you will be among them.
- Online language – it is the most used language on the internet leaving behind Chinese, Japanese and even English and German. And since this is a digital era, almost completely functioning online on the internet, learning this language will prove to be a great skill.
- Literature and its culture – we all know Russia has given some brilliant works of literature to the world. These works are still famous and are read worldwide even decades after being written. Although translations are available, not every word can be translated and sometimes the work loses its initial aura in the process of translation. Learning Russian would open your gates to its literature as well as its culture. A lot of painters, artists are Russian, enriching their cultural heritage which can be accessed through its language.
- Good for business – considering its size geographically, it has abundant natural resources, making it a hub for import-export as well as a ground for setting up offices and factories. With such a large number of imports and exports, it plays a vital role in building the world economy. If you are looking forward to expanding or starting a business, you might think of learning the Russian tongue.
- Advanced science – Russia is a superpower, and it has attained this status through its remarkable scientific advancements. If you are someone who has a keen interest in the field of science then you can consider a scope in your career in Russia and for that, you would need the knowledge of the Russian tongue.
- Career scope – as it is highly technological and advanced with an abundance of natural resources, it provides job opportunities in a lot of fields. It has a great impact on the economy, paying its employees a good income. If you are looking to expand your career abroad, Russia can be a suitable option.
- Travel in Russia – if you are a travel freak, exploring the Russian Republic should definitely be on your list. With its vast landscape, it is home to some of the most beautiful and serene places in the world to visit and enjoy. Knowing the Russian tongue will make your travel a lot easier.
- Job opportunities in India – the Russia- India tie-up is the fruit of a healthy relationship between both the countries, which support each other by setting up companies and other manufacturing, handling units to increase trade and employment. This has resulted in the availability of a lot of job options which you can apply for according to your interest and needs.
- Good education – with all the advancements, there is no doubt in the fact that Russia provides quality education to not only its citizens but has the same program for students hailing from other countries. Flying to Russia for quality education can be a great decision for any student.
- The base for other Slavic languages – Since Russia originated as a form and combination of various other Slavic languages, learning Russian will, in turn, teach you or give you the basics of other Slavic languages, and you will actually end up learning more than just one language at a time.
- Russian life – Russia has a unique way of living life, it has a very well developed health care, and gives importance to every individual’s health and hygiene. It also has family values and raising a family well. Adapting the Russian ways of living life has been a great change for a lot of people and has had positive effects on everyone.
- Easy to learn – last but not the least one in this list, although it might seem tricky at the beginning of learning, it sure is not taboo compared to how it is portrayed. Once you get the initial pronunciation and the sounds of the language, you will enjoy learning it.
These were the 12 amazing reasons why you should consider learning the Russian language. It might seem tricky to learn at first but these reasons will surely make it worth learning and taking up the challenge of learning the Russian language. All you need is the will to learn it and focus on the goals that you are planning to achieve by learning Russian. Good luck and Happy learning !