The spoken varieties of Chinese are usually considered by native speakers to be variants of a single language. Due to their lack of mutual intelligibility, however, they are classified as separate languages in a family by some linguists, who note that the varieties are as divergent as the Romance languages. Investigation of the historical relationships among the varieties of Chinese is just starting. Currently, most classifications posit 7 to 13 main regional groups based on phonetic developments from Middle Chinese, of which the most spoken by far is Mandarin (with about 800 million speakers, or 66%), followed by Min (75 million, e.g. Southern Min), Wu (74 million, e.g. Shanghainese), and Yue (68 million, e.g. Cantonese). These branches are unintelligible to each other, and many of their subgroups are unintelligible with the other varieties within the same branch.
Learning Chinese is good because it may open many doors for you. Like if you travel to China it will help you, if you want to get a job in China or any Chinese company it will help you alot.
In this blog, we will look at the Expressions to wish good luck in Chinese.
20 Expressions to Wish Good Luck in Chinese
Good Luck for Everyday Situations
1)祝你好运！(zhù nǐ hǎo yùn!) — (I wish you) Good luck!
As you can see, this is a direct translation of “good luck.” The verb 祝 (zhù) means “to wish,” 你 (nǐ) means “you,” 好 (hǎo) is “good” and 运 (yùn) is “luck.”
Wish someone luck for exam or test
2) 好好儿考啊！(hǎo hǎo er kǎo a!) — Have a good exam/Do well on this exam!
Wish someone luck for any task or job
3) 好好儿干啊！(hǎo hǎo er gàn a!) — Do well on this task/job!
Wishing for a competitive situation.
4) 我为你加油！(wǒ wèi nǐ jiā yóu!) — I’m cheering for you!
5) 我给你加油！(wǒ gěi nǐ jiā yóu!) — I will cheer for you!
Wishing for newlyweds
6) 祝你们幸福。(zhù nǐ men xìng fú) — I wish you happiness.
7) 祝你们百年好合。(zhù nǐ men bǎi nián hǎo hé) — I wish you a long life together. (Literally, “I wish you all the best for next 100 years together.”)
8) 祝你们幸福美满。 (zhù nǐ men xìng fú měi mǎn) — I wish you happiness and bliss.
9) 祝你们新婚愉快。(zhù nǐ men xīn hūn yú kuài) — I wish you a happy marriage/wedding.
Wishing for couples
10) 白头偕老 (bái tóu xié lǎo) — May you grow old together (Literally, “Live together until your hair goes white with old age”)
11) 多子多孙 (duō zi duō sūn) — May you have many children and grandchildren
12) 举案齐眉 (jǔ àn qí méi) — May you have mutual respect in marriage (Literally, “Lift the tray to eyebrow level”)
13) 互敬互爱 (hù jìng hù ài) — May you have mutual respect and love
14) 激情永在 (jī qíng yǒng zài) — May you have everlasting passion (Literally, “Passion is always there”)
15) 早生贵子 (zǎo shēng guì zǐ) — May you give birth to a child soon
For the kids:
16) 希望你健康快乐地长大！(xī wàng nǐ jiàn kāng kuài lè dì zhǎng dà!) — I hope you grow up happy and healthy!
For your peers:
17) 祝你天天快乐，心想事成。(zhù nǐ tiān tiān kuài lè, xīn xiǎng shì chéng.) — I wish that you’re happy every day, and that all your wishes come true.
For the elderly:
18) 长命百岁 (cháng mìng bǎi suì) — May you live for 100 years
19) 寿比南山, 福如东海 (shòu bǐ nán shān, fú rú dōng hǎi) — May you live as long as Southern Mountain and your fortune be as boundless as the Eastern Sea
The last one is very poetic and very popular among the older generations.
Wishing for happiness in everyday situations
20) 祝福你！(zhù fú nǐ!) — Bless you! (Literally, “I wish happiness/good fortune on you!”)