French Online Language Courses
According to the BBC, French is the official language and first language of 88 per cent of the population. It is also the dominant language of the country’s 70 million inhabitants, but there are regional variations. According to the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, French is the world’s second most widely studied foreign language, with nearly 120 million students. About 3% of the population speaks German dialects, and there is a small group of Flemish speakers in the northeast. Arabic is the third most common minority language. People living near the Italian border may speak Italian as a second language, and people living along the French-Spanish border may speak Basque.
Catalan, Breton (the Celtic language), Occitan dialects, and languages from former French colonies such as Kabyle and Antillean Creole are also spoken.
People often ask this question if there are any online courses available to learn this language. Well, in this blog we will try to see the answer to this question:
- Lingoda: Lingoda provides an interactive curriculum in classes of 3-4 students, ensuring that you receive adequate attention regardless of where you log in to the class. Lingoda provides 24/7 classes so you can learn languages whenever you want with native speakers who can help you express yourself better in French. Lingoda also provides a free 7-day trial as well as 60-minute live classes for all levels of learners, from beginner to advanced!
- Udemy: Udemy is a well-known online platform to learn multiple things via E-Learning. Learn French for Beginners: The Ultimate 80-Lesson Course is a course that offers learners to learn French within minutes into their first lesson. The course achieves this via 80 video lessons by real teachers that enable aspirants to speak, read and write with. You can learn remotely from the comfort of your home and be assured with a 30-day money-back guarantee they extend to all new learners in case you are unable to learn for some reason.
- Duolingo: Duolingo is a free yet excellent supplement to other methods of language learning, such as tutor classes, that enables a learner to learn vocabulary in a motivating and playful way with the gamified platform that allows learners to choose from a wide variety of lessons to grow their vocabulary in just 5 minutes per day. It is estimated that 34 hours of Duolingo learning equals one semester of university study. Duolingo also provides tailored exercises to assist learners in learning more effectively through immediate grading and adaptation to your learning style.
- uTalk: uTalk is another well-known online platform that offers approximately 145 languages to learn! Every word spoken by native speakers is a feather in the cap, and a ‘record yourself and playback’ feature adds another feather to the cap. uTalk teaches using fun and game-based learning methodology that has been scientifically proven to improve a learner’s memory. Aside from that, uTalk provides commonly used words and phrases in everyday life that can assist the learner in initiating a first conversation and responding to practical real-life situations.
- Babbel: Babbel is the most popular platform for learning French because it offers lessons on topics such as culture, school, travel, and business that are specifically tailored to learners. It includes a built-in vocabulary trainer as well as interactive dialogues to assist a learner in quickly learning and internalising a new language in both spoken and written form. In just 15 minutes per day, 92 per cent of learners improve their language skills in the first two months of using the Babbel method of learning. Babbel, which is compatible with iOS, Android, and Mac, provides 14 different language options for language learning, as well as 24/7 customer service! What’s more, Babbel offers the first hour of language learning for free to every learner!
French was the lingua franca of the world before English happened! However, French is in no mood to give up its second position and continues to grow strong with the huge number of users added every day who look forward to completing their French language course. With as many options as provided above, I hope you would be able to find one that could get it to your needs. Apart from these, I would also like to strongly recommend to you a budget-friendly and really good online platform that can help you learn French in a short period of time – Multibhashi. It is one of the best language learning solutions that will help you in learning French from scratch..