What are good ways to learn how to speak French?
French is an official language in 29 countries across multiple continents, most of which are members of the Organization Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF), a community of 84 countries that share the official use or teaching of French. The language allows you to enter the culture of over 300 million French speakers in more than 50 countries worldwide. It descended from the Vulgar Latin of the Roman Empire, as did all Romance languages. The language of love belongs to the Indo-European family. Owing to France’s past overseas expansion, today, there are numerous French-based creole languages, most notably Haitian Creole. In both English and French, a French-speaking individual or nation is referred to as a Francophone. Surprisingly, the language of love and culture is also a language of analysis. It emphasises logic, reasoning, and critical thinking. French equips students with crucial abilities for discussions such as bargaining and case presentation. Learning French also aids in the acquisition of more than one language.
The best way a learner could learn to speak a language is through the conversation method itself.
- You could engage in conversations by finding a native French speaker in and around your neighbourhood, by volunteering for French community service, going shopping in French grocery stores – wherein you be forced to read the French labels and speak to other French customers and outlet staff, if your lucky you may be able to find a conversation partner in the shop
- If none of these options is available to you then I suggest you look for conversation partners online you could look for a native French speaker through sites such as hello talk Tandem conversation partners language partners italki
- The entire idea is to basically create an environment of immersion, by surrounding yourself with French speakers.
- Listen to as many relevant audio resources as you find online so as to be able to improve your listening skills. Watch French movies with English subtitles in English movies with French subtitles try the shadowing technique wherein Europe with dialogues of the French speakers so that you get the French accent pitch tone all in order at the same time.
- This would also help you train your to the French language which you will be able to identify from when many languages are being spoken together
- Learn through as many audiobooks you can get hold of. Listen to the audio clips multiple times to be able to make sense of what you are understanding intuitively following it with a reading of the transcript and then listening to the audio again to be able to assess your listening
- Remember we cannot speak what we cannot listen properly only when your listing is strong would you be able to speak out the language. Therefore, use a lot of online resources and tools such as memrise, Anki, French podcast online, news in slow French.
French and many more that will help you catapult yourself from being slow to a fast learner.
Essentially, because of its uncanny parallels to other Romance languages such as Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and so on, knowing French alone will undoubtedly give you a head start on learning the others. Learning French helps one improve his artistic and critical thinking skills. It is a global language as recognized by the United Nations and a very influential language as it is a language of culture, including art, cuisine, dance, and fashion. French is also the 18th most natively spoken language in the world, the 6th most spoken language by a total number of speakers and the second or third most studied language worldwide.
If you consider learning French then Multibhashi offers great French courses, Click here, to enrol.