Learning German is very important if you are planning for a global career. Learning German will help you to increase your job opportunities with various foreign companies in your own country as well as abroad. The particular language is very flexible, expressive, and practical so it’s worth learning. You can become a German translator, interpreter, content writer, proofreader, and trainer. All these professions are always in demand. So let’s get to know the various proficiency courses in German to master the language.
There are various courses in the German language. Let us discuss them one by one serially. There are 6 levels, and are A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2. Among these A1 is the lowest level which designates that the learner is a beginner, and C2 the highest level which one can attain to excel in the language. Now let us discuss this course level in detail.
In the elementary stage, there are two levels and they are: A1 and A2
- This is the beginner level. At this level, the learner will be able to understand and use very familiar, everyday expressions and also very simple sentences which we use regularly to satisfy our specific needs and something related to that.
- At this level, you will be able to learn to introduce yourself and others as well as ask other people about themselves and will also be able to give answers to these kinds of questions.
- You will be able to communicate with others in a very simple manner when the person with whom you are communicating speaks slowly and clearly and is interested in helping you.
- You will be able to build up your basic grammar skills and increase your vocabulary.
Level A2: This level is further divided into sub-levels A2.1 and A2.2.
- At this level, you will be able to understand sentences and can express yourself adequately in familiar and daily situations, and exchange information. You will be able to read and understand simple texts.
- You can talk about routine topics that are related to the exchange of simple and direct information and common things. Can describe your background and education and your surroundings.
- Can understand news, politics, radio programs.
In this stage, there are two more levels B1, and B2
Level B1: This level is further divided into sub-levels B1.1 and B1.2.
- At this level, you will be able to understand the main points related to communicating in different situations. You are able to express personal interest. You can describe your goals, dreams, and give short statements to explain your views and plans.
- You are aware of basic grammar structure and can discuss interesting topics, like Travel & tourism, employment, school, education, history, politics and culture, literature.
- At this level, you will be able to understand the main contents of complex texts on various topics. You will be able to express yourself clearly and in detail on various topics.
- You can communicate spontaneously and fluently with the native speaker of the language without much effort.
- You have a command of the essentials of German. You can read and write and discuss difficult topics along with work-related issues.
In this stage, there are two levels C1, and C2
- At this level, you have a good command of the language. You will be able to express yourself clearly both in speaking and writing on a large number of topics and to understand almost all texts.
- You can express yourself fluently and in a structured manner without searching for recognizable words.
- You can use the language flexibly in your social and professional life and also in your studies.
Level C2: This is the highest level of the proficiency course in German.
- At this level, you can express yourself fluently and effortlessly in German.
- You are capable of working on literary, socio-political, cultural, and scientific topics. Can understand everything which you read or hear.
- You can summarize information from various sources and explain them.
- Can speak fluently and spontaneously, and understand more complex topics with ease.
So these are the proficiency courses in German. Once you complete all the courses, you are ready to master the language. I have chosen to take up a German language course from an online platform named Multibhashi. They are having experienced mentors who are taking extra care and helping us to learn the language in a better way and offering all the above-mentioned courses and levels. There are many other online and offline institutes offering German language courses. If you are thinking of learning the German language, then don’t delay and start your classes at the earliest. A bright future is waiting ahead for you! Best of luck!