Spanish is a Romance language with approximately 470 million speakers, 410 of whom speak it as a first language, while the remainder speaks it as a second language.
A significant number of people also speak Spanish as a foreign language.
If you are thinking about learning a new foreign language, Spanish should be at the top of your list. Why I should learn Spanish is a question that I once asked myself, as well.
With straight and simple logic, I wanted to learn Spanish as it invited me to enhance my skill.
Ok, so to begin with, Spanish is not the first foreign language that I learned. Hindi is my native, and English is, obviously, a worldwide accepted language that I learned not just in school, but also at home, where my grandfather always taught me new words and stories in English and motivated me for more such learning.
I began with French in school, wherein we had to take an exam for getting admission to the French class. So I eventually started learning French for 3 years, long back, while in school.
Since I opted for English literature as my subject in higher academics, my interest in languages, too, grew. Not just that learning new languages gives a better understanding and wider perspective, it is also beneficial as it adds to ones’ skills, making a better resume. So yes, it is making me stand unique in a crowd of common language speakers.
Besides, there are a couple of reasons for learning Spanish, in both personal and professional fields, that I would like to mention:
- Learning a new language makes a person more employable. So as I had learned french already, though little, getting a certificate in Spanish adds a unique skill in resume. It gives me an edge.
- Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, after Chinese mandarin. So again a plus point, it would help in better interactions across the world.
- Travel. Knowing a language that has an increasing number of speakers in the coming days, gives better opportunities to travel and know the world. And I always had an enthusiasm for getting to know about various cultures that run across the world. And it’s all the more interesting to communicate with the world, being a citizen of not just our country, but the pretty planet.
- Besides just traveling, it can give me opportunities to further my studies abroad.
- The work of translations and the need for translators is increasing and will definitely be one of the most desired jobs, the reason being globalization. For one example, there are good job opportunities of being hired in Embassies.
- Though I’m a literature person and a foreign language helps me understand art and beauty better, it is something that anyone who has a keen interest in art would easily relate to and would love to know such a beautiful language.
- Entering into a class where students came from different backgrounds and ages, but with the same goals as mine, again gave me an opportunity to interact with different kinds of people, and observing and communicating with new people is also my hobby. So, it eventually gave me a new group of friends, too.
- Ok, on a lighter note, it also gives me an opportunity to introduce myself better in a group of new people, or even if my own comrades. For instance, just imagine while everyone in your group says hello and greets one another, but you are the one who comes up with an enthusiastic Hola, then hello, does it not energize them up and draw a positive vibe from you! This makes you more attractive.
- Learning Spanish, or any language a person prefers, broadens the horizons of mind and makes it more sharp and adaptive; thus making you a better person, too.
- Spanish is an easy language to learn, the most simple and honest reason.
- For an easy-going factor, it gave me and probably gives to everyone, a cool slang.
So, because of these serious and some fun reasons I planned to learn Spanish. Besides, a certificate in hand and knowledge of a new language in addition to my academic English literature gives me a better life experience than what could have been otherwise.
Hope I succeed in passing on my energy and experience to my fellow learners as well, ’cause exploring new should never stop.
If you wish to learn any language right from the basics or even its advanced level, Multibhashi Language Learning Sessions are an excellent solution.
Please click here to know more!