If you are just planning to take that first step towards learning Kannada and are not sure yet about to pay and join a class, you can find 11 great free online options for learning Kannada here. These are just a few suggestions that you can try and choose the one that best suits you.
Best Kannada learning resources for you
YouTube is the go-to place for many to find any information. Learning through YouTube channels has increased many folds these days. Try out different channels and find the one that is the best for you. You may find many English to Kannada lessons that are easy to understand if you know English.
There are many websites that are designed to learn Kannada easily. You can find lessons from vocabulary to phrases, grammar and sentence construction. I am listing out a few websites that you might find useful.
- Ilanguages.org – This website is very good with all the basics from vocabulary to phrases and grammar. They also have a flashcard option which gives you the option to test your vocabulary on a regular basis.
- Mylanguages.org – This is another good website where you can find lessons starting from the alphabet to reading Kannada.
- Languageshome.com – On this website, you can find the audio of the word given. If you are a complete beginner and would like to learn the right pronunciation, this is a good option.
- goethe-verlag.com – This website gives detailed information starting from vocabulary to various conversational topics that are useful in different situations in our daily life. You can also find the audio along with the written sentences. This is very helpful in understanding the right pronunciation of the words.
- Learn101.com – From the Kannada alphabet to the most popular 500 words, you can find a lot of information on this website.
Learning through an app has become very common these days. You can find many Kannada learning apps that can be installed on your phone very easily. You can use these apps to learn Kannada at any time.
Though not completely free, you can take a crash course for a minimal amount which will give you an insight into some basics of the language.
Although online classes charge a fee, most of them offer a first free demo session which gives an understanding of how the lessons would be. You get an opportunity to interact with the trainer. This helps you know if you are comfortable with a trainer which is an essential factor in starting an online class.
Though there are a number of free options available to learn Kannada, a tutor can help you hone your language skills and learn in an organized manner. Thus, an online course can be of great help in achieving your goal of mastering Kannada.