Art and Craft classes are now becoming very popular in India these days. Almost every parent wants to teach their kids Arts and Crafts. Let us first see what Art and Craft classes?. Art and Craft mean making things by using our own hands. Now it does not mean only kids can do it. No, even adults can also take part in it and help the kids. Adults can also learn Art and Craft as a hobby and can develop their skills in it. Now the biggest question arises why my child should learn Art and Craft. What he/she will get by enrolling themselves in Art classes? Can they get a job by attending Art classes?. Will it create any problem in the development of their brain?
In this blog i will try to answer this question which is how to think art classes affect children development:
Things to keep in mind
- Develop skills: Many of you will say how Art classes develop the skills of any kid?. You must be joking. I am not joking. When the kid starts learning Arts at a very early age, then they will be able to learn a few things like how to hold a color, how to hold a brush, etc. These things not only affect their brain but also affects overall their development as they can identify how to hold the things in any situation.
- Improve Decision-making abilities: The art classes not only improve the skills but also help them in improving their decision-making skills. Yes, you are right, and why? Let me tell you. When children do experiments in art classes then they can express their feelings there and can also take decisions on how to make things by using colors, papers, paintbrushes, etc. Not only this, but they can also explain how they have made the things?
- Language abilities: Language is an important aspect of the development of any child. When kids experiment in art classes then they use their mother tongue to make the things. Not only this, but they also tell the teacher/trainer how they made the things and what is their curiosity in making them. Now language development takes time but with art classes, the children can learn the languages very fastly and can become experts.
- Vedas: India is a place where Mahabharat and Ramayana are still being taught. In fact Bhagwad Gita is also being taught. It is our responsibility to connect our children with the Vedas and scriptures so they can learn about it. When children study art classes then they drama painting of Lord Krishna, lord ram, Maa Durga, Maa kali and inform us that this is how Lord Krishna gave bhagwad gita knowledge to Arjuna and this is what we need to learn. Similarly drawing a painting of Lord Ram, Maa Durga, and Maa kali, kids want to inform us that look how beautiful our land is wherein so many scriptures have been written and this is why we learn it?
- Duties: As an Indian, we have certain duties which we need to perform. Telling these duties to kids in their early stage of life will help them to know about it. Let us take an example of violating red light, we all know that if you jump a red light then you need to pay a fine and it also causes an accident. When kids use art techniques then they pass on the message to the audience not to jump the red light as some other person is also waiting for you. In the Covid pandemic also, kids have used their creative ideas asking people to stay home.
Conclusion: There are other factors that play an important role. Multibhashi is an online platform that answers all your questions. Here is the URL which you can visit: