There are many ways to learn a new language. Though the time taken to learn would vary from one person to another depending on the native language they speak, it may not be wrong to say that you can easily move from ‘Kannada gothilla’ to ‘Kannada baruthe’ within a few weeks, especially the basic conversation.
In this blog we will see how you can learn Kannada in the shorted possible time.
What will help you learn Kannada in the shortest time
- You can start practicing a few basic words that are used most often and then try to make sentences using them. Learning basic greetings, pronouns, verbs, etc. can help you in the beginning.
- Watching Kannada movies is a great way of learning the language. You can use subtitles in the beginning to understand the vocabulary and as you progress start watching them without the subtitles to be able to grasp it better.
- Radio programs are another good way of immersing yourself in Kannada. These are also very easy to listen to even if you are traveling or busy with some other menial chores.
- Apart from free YouTube tutorials, there are many free apps and websites that give you a good knowledge about the general conversation. You can also change the language settings of your phone to Kannada. This way every time you look at your phone you will be able to see some very commonly used words and phrases which get ingrained in your memory.
- If you are someone who wants to start right from the alphabet and then move further to reading, writing, listening and speaking, you can do that as well. For those who have Hindi or other regional languages especially if you know any other Dravidian language in India learning the alphabet may not be very difficult because except a few letters you can easily find common letters in these languages. Thus, you have better relatability and hence faster learning.
- These are some of the methods that you can try on your own. These days there are many options available to learn anything new online. There are many online courses available these days to learn a new language and you can easily learn Kannada from the comfort of your own space at your own pace by joining one of these courses.
- You get to choose a need-based course online. Based on whether it is just spoken Kannada that you are looking to learn or would like to immerse yourself into the culture of Kannadigas through literature, you get to choose a course online.
- An important aspect of learning a language in the shortest time possible is organizing your learning. Learn something new every day and keep practicing what you have learned on a daily basis. Never wait for the right time to be able to speak Kannada, just start with whatever you know and you can easily build on that.
- Conversation with your domestic help, buying vegetables, talking about a fare or asking directions are some examples where you can use Kannada and improve your conversational skills on a daily basis. In fact, every situation is a learning opportunity. Just find and use them to your benefit.