Of all the other languages in Asia, Korean stands as a unique language. Many linguists have considered Korean as a Language Isolate. Korean is the language spoken in North and South Korea and it is spoken by 77 million people. Though there are many languages to learn in the world, learning Korean has benefits of its own.
Before discussing the benefits let us know more about the Korean language.
- The Korean language is the successor of the old Korean language.
- Hanja was the first writing system used to write Korean.
- Later on, Hangul was introduced to write Korean.
- The introduction of Hangul resulted in increased literacy of the people.
- The Hangul writing system consists of 24 basic letters and 27 complex letters.
- Therefore, Korean is an East Asian language that uses a limited amount of letters.
- The Korean language is difficult to learn.
- Korean has nine parts of speech.
- Korean sentence structure is highly flexible. The verb is the only immovable part of it. The general structure of the Korean sentence is subject-object-verb.
· Korean Vocabulary has many loanwords that are adapted from Chinese, English, and other Western Languages.
Let us further explore in this blog.
The benefits of learning Korean in Europe:
Keeps your brain sharp:
Learning is a life-long process. Learning a new thing keeps the cells of the brain active. Korean is a tough language and is not connected to any other modern language. Therefore, while learning Korean, new areas of your brain get activated. Also, the natural ability to focus and learn increases.
Earns an extra weightage to your CV:
In this era of globalization, knowledge of more than two languages is a big plus. Many businesses are worldwide and require knowledge of languages other than English. Learning Korean helps you in getting a plus point here.
Keeps your interests high:
If you are interested in learning about new cultures and languages, learning Korean helps you understand Korean culture and civilization. You can also visit Korea personally and can get close to the local people. You can also enjoy the music and movies of the country. On the other hand, you can also establish your business there.
Makes you capable to earn in your own country:
After learning Korean, you can earn a lot in your own country too! You can be a translator, interpreter, language trainer, or teacher in your own country. You can also get a job in governmental institutions like in a foreign embassy.
These are the top three benefits of learning Korean. People may give extra importance to other western languages but eastern Languages also have a wide scope to offer you earning, knowledge, and respect. Moreover, many eastern countries like Korea are less explored. Learning Korean can help you explore these areas and find new opportunities for business, travel, and learning in such countries. Learning Korean in Europe may help you establish a new connection in eastern and western countries.
Just go and grab the opportunity to learn Korean in any online or offline institution that is available to help you. All the Best!