Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken chiefly in India. Hindi has been described as a standardized and Sanskritised register of the Hindustani language, which itself is based primarily on the Khariboli dialect of Delhi and neighboring areas of Northern India. Hindi, written in the Devanagari script, is one of the two official languages of the Government of India, along with the English language. It is an official language in 9 States and 3 Union Territories and an additional official language in 3 other States. It is also one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India. As a linguistic variety, Hindi is the fourth most spoken first language in the world, after Mandarin, Spanish and English. A person knowing Hindi will be able to understand and experience the spiritualistic teachings of the guru better. Many linguist experts consider Hindi to be one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn but with great work and determination, there are great rewards. And this is also true for tackling the challenge of becoming fluent in Hindi.
Tip to learn Hindi in just 15 days.
- Learning a new set of alphabets/scripts is going to take time. One should start with memorizing and understanding basic sentences in Hindi – such as Mera Naam Angela hai. Mai Manipur me rehti hoon.
- Learn the phrases that are in practical and daily use first.
- Do not jump straight to grammar to speak a language. Necessary grammar is enough at the beginner’s stage.
- It’s okay to make mistakes. It shows that you’re trying to learn it your best. Practice even if you are making mistakes.
- Find a native speaker or Hindi tutor and try to speak Hindi with that person while in the process of learning.
- Without vocabulary, your speaking will remain limited. Learning new words will enrich your language skill. Find and note down new words. If possible, use a flashcard or an app that has a flashcard feature to remember new words.
- Speak in Hindi with your friends every chance you get to help you improve.
- Talking to yourself in Hindi will also boost your confidence when you speak to a mainland Indian.
- Spend about minimum of two hours a day practicing the Hindi language.
- Be very attentive when you are practicing the language as if you are not, you will forget the words you have learned.
These are the basic steps you can take to learn the Hindi language in fifteen days. To properly learn the language, you will need to take an online or offline class to be proficient in Hindi. To do so, you can check Multibhashi, the online language learning platform.
One takes time to learn something which is really very new to them. Yes, it is necessary for Hindi learners to have an interest in the language to learn. Practice is the only way to make you master the language. There is a saying that “Learning can and should be natural, fun, and engaging.” Make sure that you enjoy it while you learn the language.