Just like in traditional learning environments, a parent’s role and impact on student success are both critical and apparent. Parents serve as a coach for their students, at any age, and support them through their learning process. In the same way, parents can mentor and encourage students that travel nearby for school, a parent also plays a vital role in a student’s online learning.
Online learning is continuously complimented for its ability to mirror individual needs and reflect a conducive environment at a per-person level. This style creates high achievers, but the appropriate environment, especially for younger students, can set a stronger scenario for success. Students should see their parents as their greatest cheerleaders and coaches, knowing a coach won’t be misleading or overly positive, but constructive and goal-oriented. They need to reinforce the bigger picture and how the responsibilities of today point to the larger intention.
Here are some of the opinions I have as a parent for Online Schooling:
- Online classes are an innovative way to keep the learning going on even during the lockdown. Ensures that children don’t miss class and portions are covered and don’t get burdened when school reopens. Children get to meet teachers and peers. Time is given for clearing doubts. The breaks in between give time for completing assignments and revision. Just a suggestion, once a week there should be a quiz or question-answer session to find out how much the children have understood and retained.
- Less Intensity – Taking classes usually means showing up on class at a particular time, sitting through a somewhat lengthy lecture, and then going directly to your next class. On the other hand, With online classes, you do all the work at your own pace. As long as you meet your deadlines and participate appropriately online, you’ll be fine. This means much less pressure and intensity.
- The Home Comfort – There is absolutely no dress code with online classes. If you want to do your work in your PJs or tracksuit, you can. If you want to lie on your couch or your bed while watching a lecture, you can. If you want classical music in the background while you chat with your classmates on the forum, you can. It’s just so convenient.
- It’s easier to focus because you can put yourself in the right environment. You can wear headphones if your surroundings are noisy. Your interactions happen online, meaning they won’t easily wander off-topic. And you can choose to study at a time when you feel like doing so.
- Easier attendance is one such thing that every student has benefited from. With online classes, attending is as simple as opening up your computer or tablet. No rain-soaked walks or long bus rides are there anymore! You can learn from the comfort of your home or favorite coffee shop while sipping on a hot steaming beverage.
- It costs less because, with online classes, you’re paying for school/university credits. If you’re trying to save money, this is a perfect solution. This will not only help you save money but you’ll also have more time to focus on other things such as learning a new language or practicing your favorite sport.
My opinion towards online education is 100% positive. It’s better for kids to stay home and study as it gives us: the parents a chance to know what they’re really up to. We can help them with their homework, projects, and other activities that they find difficult to do on their own. Online classes are a great deal!\