India’s ancient tradition has been moving hand in hand with the fast developments and innovations in various fields in the country. As a result, professional and creative young artists are demanded to explore and grab the numerous opportunities that cross their paths. Be it as a painter, a film-maker, in print media, or in advertising, India’s evolving economics has opened platforms for Fine Arts to flourish and be respected. Several institutions have held the torch to guide and nurture budding artists through an extensive and upgraded curriculum and methods of teaching.
Art, in its essence, brings out the inward significance of a work, other than simply portraying the outward visual for aesthetic pleasure. The study of creating visual works of art that tell stories of the artist’s aesthetic sense and also lays itself bare to be interpreted by the viewer’s perception is known as the Fine Arts. Such is appreciated primarily due to their imaginative and intellectual content and includes painting, dancing, music, architecture, sculpting, photography, film, and drama, to name a few. Here are a few reasons which will motivate you to attend the School of Visual Arts:
Things to keep in mind
- Decision and Determination skills – With art students learn to analyze, criticize, reasoning and logical thinking skills. This helps them to decide on different alternatives and make better choices for presenting their work.
- Helps in school work – Visual Arts also affects students’ academics as their learning skills improve with the practice of arts and crafts. They are better at adapting skills and so they learn faster than the children who are less active in visual arts.
- Learning from artists– Children who make visual arts refer to work of the established artists. This helps them expand their knowledge about visual arts. Visual art education helps students in analysis, judgement skills and improves their own art form.
- You will learn to really take your skills and put it into practical use. You will get real world experiences as most of your professors will be real life artists. Another reason is that you will make so many connections that will help you after you graduate. Art is a competitive field so the friends you make and the teachers you have will help your career.
Some of the best institutes offer courses in Visual Arts and you’ll be amazed by the experience that they provide such as:
- College of Arts, Delhi University – The faculty that guide and train the students to include artists, painters, designers, and sculptors of both national and international stature. Their expertise and experience in the contemporary world of fine arts enrich the students with knowledge in their respective fields of practice. The Annual Art Exhibition held by the college witnesses the endeavor to educate the students on how to make the best of their lives. The cultural events performed during the exhibition include contemporary as well as traditional aspects of Fine Art.
- Faculty of Fine Arts, Jamia Millia Islamia University – Amidst an atmosphere of discovery, creativity, and exploration, the departments offer a range of graduate and postgraduate programs, including the country’s first and only Master’s degree in Art Education. As of present, the faculty comprises the departments of Applied Art, Sculpture, Painting, Art Education, Graphic Art, and Art History and Appreciation.
- Faculty of Visual Arts, Banaras Hindu University – The Faculty of Visual Arts is one of the leading institutions in the university and offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in various fields of study. There are five different Departments in the Faculty of Visual Arts that include Painting, Applied Arts, Plastic arts, Pottery and ceramics, and textile designing.