Hindi belongs to the Indo-Aryan language group and is spoken all over India. It is one of the official languages of India. Hindi is written in the standardized Devanagari script, which is written from left to right. Hindi is also one of the seven languages used to create web addresses on the Internet. Learning Hindi is definitely an advantage, especially when your children live in India. As we are aware that a child learns a language faster than an elder, so it is beneficial for your child to learn Hindi at a younger age. And if you have decided to make your kid learn Hindi then look no further. Read on to know the best ways to learn Hindi for kids. Just tickle the curiosity and the interest levels of your child, and you are on the road to progress.
Tips and tricks for children to know
- A structured approach will help your kid to learn Hindi in a better way. It is important to start discussing with your child the importance of the Hindi language. Find out some interesting ways to teach your child Hindi. Keep a certain time of the day to dedicate to learning the language. Be sure that your child sticks to the routine as it would become a habit and your kid will automatically tune themselves for learning. Help them to plan lessons on a task basis. Don’t let the learning time span be too long as kids have a short time span for concentration. Help your child to learn bits by bits and not grab everything at a time. Follow it with a revision the next day before you move to the next set to learn. You need to make gradual progress from one stage to another so that your child does not feel the burden and enjoys learning.
- Add fun to their learning pattern. Your child learns the best when they are taught through games, different activities, etc. try to include a variety of games such as memory matching, click and tell, word wheel game and quizzes, etc. You can play a rapid-fire round where you ask questions and your children answer them immediately but in Hindi. You can play Name, Place, Animal, Thing Game in Hindi where You say a Hindi letter out loud and the children have to think of a name, a place, an animal, and a thing starting with that letter. You need to remember that the games must be strategically placed after each Hindi lesson to measure your child’s Hindi learning progress. Show your child pictures of different objects, and tell them to mention the names in Hindi. The pictures will attract the kids and in this way, they will remember the names of different things, objects, animals, birds, flowers, fruits, etc in Hindi.
- It is the nature of the child that they learn better when they are taught practically by the audiovisual method. Show them cartoons, serials, tv shows, stories, and rhymes in Hindi for your child to see and enjoy. You can take the help of youtube for this. This audiovisual method will tap into their latent talent and maximize their potential to learn. With the help of youtube, children can learn Hindi rhymes, kids songs, words. This will help them to remember words faster.
- Apart from learning sessions, you need to incorporate practice sessions for your child during other times. The practice sessions should not look like formal tutorials. They need to have fun while practicing. Suppose they will be asked a few questions while driving, or at the dinner table, or while dropping them off at school, or even while giving them a bath. But it is necessary to remember that this procedure shouldn’t be overdone. They need to feel motivated while learning.
- Let them listen to stories on audiobooks in Hindi. This will create an interest in learning the language. Readout kid’s stories to them in Hindi. This will help them learn by listening. Let your kids watch Hindi movies that are meant for kids. This is a great way of learning Hindi.
- Encourage your child to speak Hindi at home. If any of your friends or relatives speak Hindi then let your child speak in Hindi with them. If you are fluent in the language ensure that all your conversations are in Hindi so that your child will hear and pick up the same.
- Rewarding in any form motivates your child to learn in a better way. It can be any kind of reward. Try to set target goals and achievement levels and track the progress from time to time. If your child achieves the target or performs any exceptional act then he or she will be rewarded on a continuous basis. If your child asks anything from you then tell them to complete a task in their endeavor to learn Hindi to earn it.
- Use a Hindi letter worksheet where your kid can practice writing by tracing the letters.
- You should never force your kid to learn when they are not willing to learn. This can create a bad impact on them.
- Hire an experienced tutor for your child for better learning. For best results enroll your child in online Hindi classes with Multibhashi, where your child will learn along with fun.
Your child’s learning sessions must be full of activities and fun. This will keep them active and help them to learn fast. Hindi is a sweet language with a soothing tone and diction. With some participation and innovative ideas, you can help your child understand, learn and even ace the language. You are recommended to register with Multibhashi for a better, balanced, fun-filled learning experience for your child. Thank you!