Usually, people think that Hindi is the national language of India. But Hindi is not a national language of India. It is just one of the most used languages in India. But the learning resources of Hindi are quite limited. So it becomes difficult for people who wish to learn the language to gather resources. There are a number of reasons why people learn Hindi. Hindi is a language loved by foreigners. They usually love the Indian culture. They come to India specially to learn about the Indian culture. Since Hindi forms an important part of the Indian culture, foreigners are always interested in learning to speak Hindi. How they say ‘Namaste’ to every Indian they meet.
So to make it easy for everyone who wants to learn Hindi I have listed down a few resources.
Best resources for you.
Some free tool resources:
Multibhashi: Most famous language learning application
Memrise: Online vocabulary training tool. You can use it to learn Hindi.
AnkiSRS: It’s also an app you use to learn Hindi.
Forvo: It is an app that can help you pronounce any Hindi word you are unable to pronounce.
Rocket Hindi: It provides a wonderful course that provides Hindi dialogue resources.
HindiPod101.com: All the lessons are fully downloadable for offline use. There are many great features such as vocab databases, grammar lessons and much more. You can also get help from a personal tutor through this app.
Some more resources to learn Hindi is:
1) Multibhashi: It uses an interactive approach to learning Hindi. It provides live interactive sessions along with expert tutors.
2) Duolingo: It is a free app that you will enjoy. Duolingo teaches Hindi through exercises. It has great audio content. It is an app for beginners.
3) Udemy: you have to purchase a course here and then can have lifetime access to it. But here the disadvantage is that you have to pay for every course, which can cost you a lot. Well, there is a money-back guarantee in case if you are unhappy with the course. Here you can get targeted lessons for specific skills. Here they cover everything from beginner details to writing skills.
4) Mango languages: when you subscribe to Mango you can learn many different languages without paying again. They have a lot of engaging user activities. Being costly is a disadvantage here.
Books for learning Hindi: there are many books for learning Hindi. You can buy them online too. I have listed a few for you.
1) Practise makes perfect basic Hindi by Sonia Taneja: In this book, you are introduced to Hindi words, sentence grammar – the present tense, nouns, adjectives, past, the continuous and the future tense.
2) Elementary Hindi
3) Hindi: A complete course for beginners.
4) Get started in Hindi.